Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

An Open Letter to Grass

Image by L Carilo
Grass, April 2012


Dear Grass,

Welcome back.  So happy to see you making such a strong comeback this season; I guess it helped we had such a mild winter.  Your gorgeous shades of green carpeting the backyard bring a smile to my face.  Sifting your clippings between my fingers reveals a delicate strength only you can possess.  I truly do appreciate how your magnificent scent fills the air.  First mowing of 2012 re-awakened my gratitude for you.  There is truly nothing else that compares.... You are a celebration for the senses.  

I can't make any promises there won't be one or two more snow coverings, but do look forward to letting the doggies out to run around chasing each other or pesky flying insects, or simply lie around on cool a bed of you.

Sweet, wonderful grass... I love you.

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment